- Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
- First appointed to cabinet in 2012
- First elected in 2011
Ron was elected as the Member of the Legislative Assembly for Swan River on October 4, 2011. He was appointed Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives in 2012 and re-appointed to the same department under its new name, the Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, in 2013. Ron also served as Reeve of the RM of Mossey River and on council for two decades.
For the past 26 years, Ron has worked on the family farm consisting of a 200 cow/calf operation with 2560 acres. Born and raised in rural Manitoba, Ron knows that a strong rural economy is key to Manitoba’s success.
He is looking forward to working hard for families and for farmers in the Swan River constituency, and ensuring that Manitobans continue to benefit from a strong government that values the importance of agriculture, health care, education, jobs and infrastructure.
More about Ron
- Lives in the Ethelbert area
- Graduated from Ethelbert High School in 1974, his children also attended the same school
- Served on various boards, including: Association of Manitoba Municipalities, Manitoba Conservation Commission, Intermountain Conservation District, Ethelbert District Veterinary Board, Farm Stewardship Association of Manitoba, and the Ethelbert Curling Club and Skating Rink
- Married to wife Judy for 35 years with two adult daughters and one grandson
Like Ron on Facebook